How do I edit my profile?
- Log into your account and navigate to the My profile menu in the top right corner of your screen. Once the menu opens, click on My profile.
- From there, click on the Edit button next to the section of your profile you want to change.
- On the next page, make your edits.
- To save your changes, scroll to the bottom and click on Update my profile.
How do I change my location?
- Log into your account and go to My Profile.
- From there, click on the Edit button next to the location currently listed on your profile.
- Enter your updated location on the next page and your desired search distance.
- Lastly, click Continue to save your changes.
How can I improve my profile?
Increase your likelihood of finding clients by completing the following 8 steps:
- Upload a professional profile photo
Visual representation is very important in having a profile that will get noticed. Your profile photo is how clients are introduced to you, which governs their impressions of you from the start.
For detailed tips on how to take and choose the best profile photo for you, check out our article How do I choose a profile photo? Here are some quick tips to start you off:
- your photo should be a recent photo of you
- your face should take up 60% of the photo space
- your clothing should be professional and appropriate
- Upload gallery photos that display your work
This is where you post photos showcasing your best work. The right photos will help your profile stand out and be memorable to clients.
You will want to include before and after photos of spaces you have cleaned, organized, and added your magic touch. For information on Gallery photos, see What are gallery photos?
DO NOT include photos of business cards or flyers. Additionally, no contact information can be displayed in any of your photos. Including your personal contact information in your photos may result in profile deletion.
- Create an eye-catching headline
Who says your headline should just be your job title? Get creative when you are choosing a headline. Write something to showcase your passion and why you love doing what you do. Ready to spruce up your headline? See, How do I edit my headline?
- Create a detailed description
Your description is where you can let your personality shine and let clients know who you are and share your story with them.
Bring life to your description by letting clients know why your skills matter and why you do the job; tell them about the difference you have made in the lives of the folks you have worked with and tell them about your accomplishments.
Spending extra time on your description. Create a few drafts and ask someone to edit them; you can keep your profile hidden until you are ready to publish it and return to make edits anytime. Take care when writing your description and pay attention to spelling and grammar - we promise the extra time you spend is worth the effort!
- Verify your phone number
Receive notifications directly to your phone by verifying your phone number. This will allow you to respond to client messages and apply for new jobs more quickly.
Verifying your phone number also activates TeleSafe on your account. TeleSafe is our secure phone operating system that allows you to make and receive phone calls without having to share your number. See, What is TeleSafe? and How does TeleSafe work?
- Add recommendations
Recommendations authenticate who you are and enhance your credibility. Send recommendation requests to those you have worked with previously.
By asking for recommendations from previous clients, they can share the positive ways you have touched their lives through your work. It is a good idea to give them a heads-up before sending the request! See, How do I send a recommendation request?
Can I edit my recommendation(s)?
No. Once a recommendation has been submitted, it cannot be edited or removed. Recommendations are intended to reflect a person's experience working with you; as such, they are permanent parts of your profile.
If, for any reason, you would like a recommendation edited or removed, please contact Care Support for assistance.